Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - ComPsych® GuidanceResources®
Effective now and for no more than 30 days following the end of the COVID-19 national public health emergency, EAP services from ComPsych® GuidanceResources® are available to all State of Delaware employees including temporary, casual seasonal and benefit eligible employees/non-Medicare pensioners who are not currently enrolled in a State of Delaware Highmark Delaware or Aetna health plan.
The ComPsych® GuidanceResources® program is a FREE program available exclusively for State of Delaware Group Health Plan non-Medicare members and their dependents. The program offers someone to talk to and resources to consult whenever and wherever you need them. Members can call the toll-free number at 877-527-4742 directly for 24/7 access to a GuidanceConsultant℠, who will answer your questions and, if needed, refer you to a counselor or other resources such as work-life, legal and financial support. You also have access to the website at www.guidanceresources.com (WebID:State of Delaware), mobile app to consult articles, podcasts, videos, webinars, and other helpful tools.
RESOURCES FOR CURRENT EVENTS
- Uvalde: May 26, 2022 - How to help Uvalde shooting victims, survivors, and their families
- Crisis Toolkit - Resources for dealing with crisis and trauma in the workplace
- Understanding the Trauma of Racism
- Traumatic Events Resources
- Supporting a Diverse Workforce
- Mental Health Resources for Black Americans
- Talking to Kids About Violent Events with Widespread Media Coverage: Short video on helping children cope with violence and disasters
BENEFIT RESOURCES & INFORMATION
- Program Orientation for Employees – Register to Attend
- Date: September 13, 2022
- Time: 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM
- Description: Learn about the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) services that ComPsych® GuidanceResources® provides. Through the EAP, you can access free confidential emotional support, online support, interactive digital tools, work-life solutions, legal guidance, financial resources, and identity theft services.
- Unable to attend? Register to View Previous Recording or View Slides
- Developing Grit - Strategies for Success in Work and Life - Register to Attend
- Date: September 7, 2022
- Time: 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
- Description: Grit is mental toughness. Grit is the ability to persevere to achieve difficult long-term goals. Grit is strongly associated with success in personal and professional life. Grit involves several elements: passion and purpose, development of habits and coping with unpleasant emotions such as fear, discouragement, or embarrassment. This course will examine the nature of grit and identify specific methods for developing it.
The following resources are available to support employees in the workplace. These articles are only a few out of the of thousands available on a wide variety of topics at www.guidanceresources.com (Web ID: State of Delaware).
September - Brain Health
- Anti-Age Your Brain
- Finding Quiet in a Loud Society
- Preventing Memory Loss
- World Suicide Prevention Day
August - Physical Fitness
July - Personal Relationships
- Back to School Planning in Uncertain Times
- Caregiver Burnout
- Fostering Friendships
- Minority Mental Health Awareness Month