Division of Diversity and Inclusion
The Division of Diversity and Inclusion of the Department of Human Resources was established in July 2017 as part of House Bill 4 . The Division's responsibilities include:
- Guiding efforts to define, assess, and cultivate access, equity, diversity, and inclusion throughout state government;
- Providing analysis of various forms of institutional data to benchmark and promote accountability for the diversity mission of state agencies;
- Promoting and providing education to foster an awareness and understanding of the various laws, regulations, and policies regarding nondiscrimination;
- Collaborating with state agencies to identify policies and practices supporting the recruitment and retention of employees from historically underrepresented groups;
- Developing diversity metrics and processes to assess diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts.
For more information about the Office of Diversity & Inclusion, contact: