Division of Diversity and Inclusion
The Division of Diversity and Inclusion of the Department of Human Resources was established in July 2017 as part of House Bill 4. The Division's responsibilities include:
- Guiding efforts to define, assess, and cultivate access, equity, diversity, and inclusion throughout state government;
- Providing analysis of various forms of institutional data to benchmark and promote accountability for the diversity mission of state agencies;
- Promoting and providing education to foster an awareness and understanding of the various laws, regulations, and policies regarding nondiscrimination;
- Collaborating with state agencies to identify policies and practices supporting the recruitment and retention of employees from historically underrepresented groups;
- Developing diversity metrics and processes to assess diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts.
For more information about the Office of Diversity & Inclusion, contact: