The Hall of Fame of Delaware Women
The Hall of Fame of Delaware Women was first established in 1981 by the Delaware Commission for Women, a former division of the Secretary of State. The induction ceremony is the oldest annual celebration of its kind commemorating Delaware women. The new Delaware Women’s Hall of Fame Committee, created in 2017, is responsible for fostering an understanding of and appreciation for the many contributions of the women of Delaware to their home, community, state and nation. The Committee will continue the Delaware Women’s Hall of Fame’s annual tradition of acknowledging the achievements of remarkable Delaware women.
The Hall of Fame of Delaware Women members represent a variety of professional fields and backgrounds, including artists, athletes, community advocates, military personnel, public servants, and scientists. Eligible women must have been born in Delaware or resided in the state for a minimum of ten years. There is no age requirement, and some women are inducted after death.
- Nominees must have made an important and lasting impact upon the lives of Delawareans.
- Nominees must have resided in the state for at least 10 years during their lifetime.
- If selected:
- nominated or self-nomintated, inductees must be available to attend the ceremony on October 17, 2019, at Dover Downs Hotel & Casino.
- postumounsly nominated, a representative for the nominee must be available to accept the award on the nominee's behalf at the ceremony on October 17, 2019, at Dover Downs Hotel & Casino.
Instructions & Information
- All nomination forms must be fully completed and received by midnight on May 15, 2019, Eastern Standard Time to be considered for the 2019 induction cycle. Inaccurate or unverifiable information can invalidate the nomination and disqualify the nominee.
- The Delaware Women's Hall of Fame Committee reviews, rates, and deliberates each nomination and selects the top nominees for induction.
- All nominators are notified in writing of the results of the selection process. Notification will occur during the month of June.
- A public award ceremony and celebration will take place on October 17, 2019; inductees become permanent members of the Hall of Fame of Delaware Women at this time.
If you have any questions or need assistance in completing a nomination form, please email the Office of Women’s Advancement & Advocacy or call (302) 577-8970 for assistance.