Individual agencies oversee and provide pins to eligible employees. Beginning at five years of service and at each five-year milestone thereafter, employees are eligible to receive a lapel pin featuring the state seal with the years of service noted on the pin. Check with your agency recognition coordinator or your agency HR office if you have any questions.
State Employee Discounts
Information about State of Delaware Employee Discounts can be found on the Office of Management and Budget Extranet, under State Employees, Employee Discounts.
Current State Allowances
Agencies are currently authorized to spend up to $10.00 per employee per year on recognition events, including gifts, space rental, and food. Cash equivalents (including savings bonds) and days off with pay as awards are not currently permitted.
Public Service Recognition Week
- Observed the first full week of May each year
- Delaware Award for Excellence and Commitment in State Service ceremony held as close to the first full week of May each year as possible
- Watch for events such as State Employee Discount Nights at local sports venues or parks
- Check with your own agency to see if there are any special events or promotions going on
- National Public Service Recognition Week website
Other Resources and Articles
- Agency Recognition Coordinators
- Statewide Employee Recognition Program Resource Pamphlet
- History of the program - 135th General Assembly, House Bill No. 604: An Act to Amend Title 29 of the Delaware Code by Providing for Employee Recognition Programs. Passed by the House on June 26, 1990, by the Senate on Sept. 25, 1990 and signed into law by Governor Michael N. Castle on October 15, 1990.
- The Statewide class, Recognizing Positive Results , is part of the Fundamental for Leadership Series, and is offered twice a year.
- Articles / Studies
- Nominations for the Delaware Award for Excellence and Commitment in State Service are due on or before February 28.
- Nominations for the Delaware Award for Heroism will be accepted throughout the year. (To be included in the May awards ceremony, nominations must be submitted on or before February 28.)
- Public Service Recognition Week is held the first full week of May.
- Agency Recognition Plans are due annually on or before October 15.