Career Development Mentoring Program
"Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn."
About the Career Development Mentoring Program (CDMP)
The principle purpose of the Mentoring Program is to support a practice which promotes the expansion of professional knowledge, skills, and abilities in all areas of career development and assists in the creation of opportunities for employees of the State of Delaware to achieve more.
Mentoring is a "Tool of Empowerment" that offers promising employees:
- Guidance in their pursuit of professional development,
- Encouragement in taking control of their own careers and
- Inspiration to aspire without limitations.
2019 Informational Meeting Flyer
- Why Become a Mentor/Mentee?
- Application Process
- Forms List
- Supervisor's Mentee Nomination Form - To be filled out by prospective mentee's supervisor prior to entrance into program
- Mentee Application Form - To be completed after the Informational Meeting
- Mentor Application Form - To be completed after the Informational Meeting
- Mentor Checklist - To be completed by mentor at time of initial mentor training period
- Mentor/Mentee Monthly Progress Reports - One to be completed by both mentor and mentee monthly to document progress of mentoring partnership.
- Plan to Success - To be completed by mentee and mentor to outline mentee's strengths and weaknesses, to define goals and to develop career path for mentees
- Mentoring End-of-Year Survey - To be completed at end of program by both mentor and mentee to evaluate overall success of program and provide suggestions on how program may be improved