Casual/Seasonal or Non-Benefit Eligible Employees Orientation
We are glad that you decided to join our team as a casual/seasonal employee. As a casual/seasonal employee you are not benefit eligible so you are not required to view the New Employee Orientation (NEO) modules for Merit Employees.
This page is a resource for you as you complete your new hire paperwork, review required policies, and become acquainted with state employment. Remember to deliver all required forms to your HR/Ben Rep on or before your first day of work.
Casual/Seasonal Employees are:
- Paid biweekly and are required to sign up for Direct Deposit (Forms found under "Required Forms" below)
- Required to submit all of the Required Forms listed below to their HR/Ben Rep or Designee on or before their first day of work.
- Employee Self Service
- Federal Tax Withholding Form (W-4)
- State of Delaware Tax Withholding Form (W-4)
- I-9 Employment Eligibility Form (along with supporting documentation)
- Direct Deposit Authorization (along with a voided check or bank statement)
- Employee Information Form
- Agreement to Comply and Acknowledgment of Receipt - Casual/Seasonal or Non-Benefit Eligible Employees
- Casual/Seasonal Employment Statement
Casual Seasonal Employees must read the following policies as outlined in the Casual /Seasonal or Non-Benefit Eligible Employees Agreement To Comply and sign the Casual/Seasonal or Non-Benefit Eligible Employees Agreement to Comply Form on or before their first day of work. The Policies can be found on the Department of Human Resources (DHR) Policies and Procedures page.
Additional agency-specific policies can be found on the Agency Specific Information section of the NEO homepage.
Please Note: Casual/Seasonal employment does not guarantee you continued employment or the right, promise or offer of a Merit position. Casual/Seasonal employees are not eligible for paid vacation/sick leave, holiday pay, health benefits or pension benefits.