Urgent Message for All Employees Regarding The Affordable Care Act
The Affordable Care Act requires everyone to have health insurance by January 1, 2014. If you choose not to participate in the State's Plan but are covered under another plan, then you may meet the individual mandate. If you are not covered under any health plan and choose not to enroll in one of the State's Plans then you may want to explore coverage options through the Health Insurance Marketplace or you will not be eligible to enroll in one of the State's Plans until open enrollment which occurs in May with a July 1, benefit effective date.
We are glad that you decided to join our team as a casual/seasonal employee. As a casual/seasonal employee you are not benefit eligible so you are not required to view the New Employee Orientation (NEO) modules for Merit Employees.
This page is a resource for you as you complete your new hire paperwork, review required policies, and become acquainted with state employment. Remember to deliver all required forms to your HR/Ben Rep on or before your first day of work.
Casual/Seasonal Employees are:
- Paid biweekly and are required to sign up for Direct Deposit (Forms found under "Required Forms" below)
- Required to submit all of the Required Forms listed below to their HR/Ben Rep or Designee on or before their first day of work.
- Employee Self Service
- Federal Tax Withholding Form (W-4)
- I-9 Employment Eligibility Form (along with supporting documentation)
- Direct Deposit Authorization (along with a voided check or bank statement)
- Personal/Emergency Contact Information Form
- Casual/Seasonal Agreement to Comply Form
- Casual/Seasonal Employment Statement
Casual Seasonal Employees must read the following policies and sign the Casual/Seasonal Agreement to Comply Form on or before their first day of work.
- Anti-Discrimination, Workplace Harassment and Retaliation Policy
- Domestic Violence Policy
- Drug Free Workplace Policy
- EEO/AA Executive Order #8
- EEO/AA Guidelines
- Family and Medical Leave Act
- Sexual Harassment Prevention Policy
- Statewide Acceptable Use Policy
- Workplace Violence Policy
Additional agency-specific policies can be found on the Agency Specific Information section of the NEO homepage.
Please Note: Casual/Seasonal employment does not guarantee you continued employment or the right, promise or offer of a Merit position. Casual/Seasonal employees are not eligible for paid vacation/sick leave, holiday pay, health benefits or pension benefits.