We are glad that you decided to join our team as a casual/seasonal employee. As a casual/seasonal employee you are not benefit eligible so you are not required to view the New Employee Orientation (NEO) modules for Merit Employees.
This page is a resource for you as you complete your new hire paperwork, review required policies, and become acquainted with state employment. Remember to deliver all required forms to your HR/Ben Rep on or before your first day of work.
Casual/Seasonal Employees are:
- Paid biweekly and are required to sign up for Direct Deposit (Forms found under "Required Forms" below)
- Required to submit all of the Required Forms listed below to their HR/Ben Rep or Designee on or before their first day of work.
- Employee Self Service
- Federal Tax Withholding Form (W-4)
- State of Delaware Tax Withholding Form (W-4)
- I-9 Employment Eligibility Form (along with supporting documentation)
- Direct Deposit Authorization (along with a voided check or bank statement)
- Personal/Emergency Contact Information Form
- Casual/Seasonal Agreement to Comply Form
- Casual/Seasonal Employment Statement
Casual Seasonal Employees must read the following policies and sign the Casual/Seasonal Agreement to Comply Form on or before their first day of work.
- Domestic Violence Policy
- Drug Free Workplace Policy
- EEO/AA Executive Order #8
- EEO/AA Guidelines
- Family and Medical Leave Act
- Respectful Workplace and Anti-Discrimination Policy
- Sexual Harassment Prevention Policy
- Statewide Acceptable Use Policy
- Workplace Violence Policy
Additional agency-specific policies can be found on the Agency Specific Information section of the NEO homepage.
Please Note: Casual/Seasonal employment does not guarantee you continued employment or the right, promise or offer of a Merit position. Casual/Seasonal employees are not eligible for paid vacation/sick leave, holiday pay, health benefits or pension benefits.