New Employee Orientation
We are pleased you have decided to join our team. At the State of Delaware we invest in our people and support them in and outside of the office. We offer comprehensive benefit plans that will give you peace of mind and security. As you start your career with the state we know you will be curious about your benefits, policies, state services and more. This page is designed to be your resource for valuable information as you start your career. We think the best way to do that is to provide you with resources that you can access whenever you need support or information. To simplify the process, here are three quick checklists of things to remember at different stages of your orientation.
You've come to the right place in the First State
Below you will find quick links to resources that we hope you will find helpful now, and throughout your career with the State of Delaware.
Congratulations, and Welcome to the State of Delaware Workforce
The State of Delaware on-line New Employee Orientation was designed to provide you with a smooth transition in your new hire experience, help you complete your new hire documents, understand your benefits, know your responsibilities as a new state employee, and familiarize yourself with state government.
To Get Started...
Complete the New Employee Orientation Modules
To begin your new hire orientation please select the “New Employee Orientation” Icon above (for Full, or Part-time, Permanent employees), or select the “Casual/ Seasonal Orientation” (as applicable) to start your New Employee Orientation (NEO).
Please make sure to review the “Tips Before you Get Started” below to ensure the best viewing experience. The orientation is broken into five modules so you can complete them at your own pace. After completing the orientation, make sure you submit all required paperwork to your agency's Human Resource Benefits Representative (HR/Ben Rep) by the required deadlines. We have also provided you with helpful checklists to help you stay on track and organize your new hire package to be submitted to your agency HR/Ben Rep.
Need to Review Your Benefit Options?
Select the “Benefits” tab to view links to our Statewide Benefits webpage. Your benefits are a significant part of your employment package with the State. And, this website provides a wealth of information about each of these programs. Feel free to contact the Statewide Benefits Office or contact the vendors directly for more detailed information. Remember, you can also go back into the modules at any time to help answer your questions.
Forgot to Print the Forms While Viewing the Orientation?
Select the “Forms” tab to find all of the forms you will be required to submit to your agency's HR/Ben Rep in completing your new hire process.
Need to Know Your Responsibilities as Outlined in the Policies and Procedures?
Select the “Policies and Procedures” tab to access links to our Human Resource Management website where you will find helpful resources such as: statewide policies and procedures, Merit Rules, Delaware Code and the Human Resources Procedures Manual, to name a few. Remember, your agency may also have internal policies and procedures, so go to your agency's intranet page to find that information (Your manager can help you find this page if you need assistance).
Need more information?
Select the “Other Resources” tab where you will be provided with information that you may find especially useful as you start employment with the State. Remember, you can always contact you agency's HR/Ben Rep if you need additional help.
Required NEO Forms
(Confirm your required deadlines with your agency HR/Ben Rep)
- Agreement to Comply Form
- Direct Deposit Authorization
- Employee Personal Data Emergency Contact Form
- Federal Tax Withholding Form (W-4)
- Health Benefits Enrollment Form and Instruction Sheet
- I-9 Employment Eligibility Form - submit with required supporting documentation
- Pension Actuarial Form (P-1)
Important Notice: Agencies may require additional forms to be completed. See your agency link under the Agency Info tab to find these forms.
- Affordable Care Act and Marketplace Notices
- Civil Union Certification of Tax Dependent Status
- Dependent Child Coordination of Benefits
- HIPAA Privacy and Security
- New Hire Checklist and Instruction Sheet
- Spousal Coordination of Benefits
- W-2 Online Enrollment (for Annual Email Delivery)
(Enroll one time through Employee Self-Service)
- Conflict Resolution
- Delaware Code
- Employee Relations
- DHR FAQ's
- DHR Website
- Human Resources Procedures Manual
- Labor Relations and Employment Practices
- Merit Rules
- Public Integrity Commission Code of Conduct
- Quick Reference Leave Guide
- Statewide Policies and Procedures
- Affordable Care Act & Marketplace Notices
- Anti-Discrimination, Workplace Harassment and Retaliation Policy
- Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1985 (COBRA)(FAQs)
- Domestic Violence Policy
- Drug Free Workplace Policy
- EEO/AA Executive Order #8
- EEO/AA Guidelines
- Family and Medical Leave Act
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) (FAQs)
- Medicare Enrollment Information
- Pregnant Workers Fairness Act Guidelines
- Sexual Harassment Prevention Policy
- Delaware Sexual Harassment Notice (January 2019)
- State of Delaware Oath of Office
- Statewide Acceptable Use Policy
- Workplace Violence Policy
- Award Programs
- Delaware Helpline
- DEL-Delaware Employment Link
- Fleet Services Vehicle Reservation System
- Fleet Link (State Employee Van Pool)
- Job Titles
- Paygrade Tables
- Schedule of Benefit Deductions by Pay Period
- State Intranet Sites
- Statewide Mentor Program
- Statewide Training and Development
Safety and Security
- Closings and Delays
- Delaware E-security Webpage (this link is only accessible on a computer within the State network)
- Emergency and Adverse Weather Guidelines
- Employee Self Service First Time Login Instructions
- Executive Order 77
- Insurance Coverage Safety Newsletter
- State Holidays
- Weather FAQs
- Workplace Safety Guidelines
- Workplace Violence
Statewide Training's mission is to provide educational, training, and career development opportunities for managers and employees that support state agency missions, and result in improved performance of state government. The Delaware Learning Center is your one-stop portal for continuing education with the state. As a new employee, when you first access the Learning Center you will be given the opportunity to take a quick tutorial (recommended). If you encounter any problems using the site, email Statewide Training.
First Time Access Instructions
Training schedules and opportunities can be viewed on the Delaware Learning Center.
The following login instructions are to be used for all employees with a current State email account:
- Select the State Single Sign-On button.
- If you are logged into your work PC that is connected to the State's network, you will be able to access the training site without any additional steps.
- If you are not logged into the State's network or are accessing the training from home/offsite, you will be taken to another screen where you will be required to enter your State email address as the Username and your network password as the Password.
Required Delaware Learning Center Training (DLC) for New Employees:
- Cybersecurity Awareness Training (This course is mandatory for all new Employees. It must be completed within the first 30 days of employment) (this link is only accessible on a computer within the State network)
- Delaware Learning Center Training
- Know Your State Government
- Sexual Harassment Prevention
Recommended Delaware Learning Center Training for New Employees:
This website is not intended to provide any rights to State of Delaware employees. If you are an employee covered by a collective bargaining agreement, that agreement may supersede some of the information contained on this site.