Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - ComPsych® GuidanceResources®
September is National Recovery Month. Substance use treatment and mental health services can enable those with a mental and/or substance use disorder to live a healthy and rewarding life. You can learn more about behavioral health and addiction, including treatment and recovery, at helpisherede.com. GuidanceResources® has also provided an article about National Recovery Month.
Effective now and for no more than 30 days following the end of the COVID-19 national public health emergency, EAP services from ComPsych® GuidanceResources® are available to all State of Delaware employees including temporary, casual seasonal and benefit eligible employees/non-Medicare pensioners who are not currently enrolled in a State of Delaware Highmark Delaware or Aetna health plan.
The ComPsych® GuidanceResources® program is a FREE program available exclusively for State of Delaware Group Health Plan non-Medicare members and their dependents. The program offers someone to talk to and resources to consult whenever and wherever you need them. Members can call the toll-free number at 877-527-4742 directly for 24/7 access to a GuidanceConsultant℠, who will answer your questions and, if needed, refer you to a counselor or other resources such as work-life, legal and financial support. You also have access to the website at www.guidanceresources.com (WebID:State of Delaware), mobile app to consult articles, podcasts, videos, webinars, and other helpful tools.
BENEFIT RESOURCES & INFORMATION
- Running in Place: Addressing Burnout in the Workplace - Register
- Date: September 8, 2021
- Time: 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM
- Description: While anxiety and depression continue to top the mental health presenting issues list, burnout has become rampant and currently represents one of the biggest corporate risks to retention and productivity. In this 30-min. session, ComPsych clinical experts will discuss the topic of burnout, ways it can be acknowledged and addressed at home and in the workplace, and how GuidanceResources can help, all followed by live Q&A.
- Program Orientation for Employees – Register
- Date: September 15, 2021
- Time: 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM
- Description: Learn about the EAP services that ComPsych Guidance Resources provides. Through the EAP, you can access free confidential emotional support, online support, interactive digital tools, work-life solutions, legal guidance, financial resources, and identity theft services.
- Developing Grit – Strategies for Success In Work and Life – Register
- Date: September 21, 2021
- Time: 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM
- Description: Grit is mental toughness. Grit is the ability to achieve difficult long-term goals. Grit is strongly associated with success in personal and professional lives. Grit involves several elements: passion and purpose, development of habits and coping with unpleasant emotions such as fear, discouragement, or embarrassment. This course will examine the nature of grit and identify specific methods for developing it.
The following resources are available to support employees in the workplace. These articles are only a few out of the of thousands available on a wide variety of topics at www.guidanceresources.com (Web ID: State of Delaware).
July - Summer Safety
- Getting Your Family Physically Active
- Healthy Travel
- Help Them Make the Most of Summer Vacation
- Tips for Beating the Summer Sun and Heat
August - Back to School
September - Mindfulness